Thank you for your interest in giving to this ministry. Here is a list of our current ministry needs:
- Sponsor a teacher at the Amigos School: $200 per month (can be one-month donation or a full-year salary)
- Sponsor a teacher at the San Marcos School: $200 per month (can be one-month donation or a full-year salary)
Ministry Expense Fund–any amount. This fund provides for needs such as photo development, postage, baggage fees for sponsor gifts, translation expenses, etc. This fund allows 100% of all sponsorship gifts to be used for the designated purpose.
Older Student Fund–any amount. This fund provides for students who have completed their education at the San Marcos or Amigos School. Because the next level of education is more costly (sometimes as much as 7 times more costly), this fund has been established to supplement sponsorships to enable older students to continue their education.
School Maintenance Fund—If desired, specify:
- Paint for the San Marcos School: $200 per room, 4 rooms
- Paint for the Amigos School: $200 per room, 10 rooms
- One month electric bill for Amigos School: $40
- One month electric bill for San Marcos School: $40
- One month water bill for Amigos School: $30
Miscellaneous Fund—These items can be donated by you or your group, or money can be given to CHM, who will purchase the items:
- Bibles for students who have none–$15 per Bible
- Notebooks for students at La Tinta (used instead of textbooks); must be purchased in Guatemala–$5 per student
- Over-the-counter medicines, such as Advil, Neosporin, skin rash cream, Visine, Imodium, children’s Tylenol, etc.
- Expo Markers (wide—all colors) for teachers’ boards
- Mountain bike for students who attend Junior High, which is several miles from the elementary school: $125
- Multivitamins (a treasure!)
- Underwear—for boys and girls, all sizes 3T to Adult Small
If interested in meeting a need, you may drop off the items at the address below. You may also DONATE ONLINE, or mail a check payable to Connecting Hearts Ministry, 1639 Killian Road, Akron OH 44312. Your gift is tax-deductible.